Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sew what?



Yesterday night, I tried my hand at a little sewing project. My first real try at sewing in several years. It resulted (amazingly) in the two throw pillows above, which are destined to be Christmas presents for a fellow wolf and wolfdog rescuer who has been a wonderful friend.

I have to admit, I'm not the type to sew. Sewing is incredibly difficult for me - even something "simple" such as throw pillows. Sewing is so precise. And it feels so final - all the cutting, the stitching, there is no trial-and-error here. I'm more the type that would spend my artistic energy throwing clay on a wheel, or splattering paint onto a canvas.

Still, it's incredibly practical, and a good addition to a well-balanced repertoire of homesteading skills. So, I'm going to continue trying to understand my sewing machine, and see how far I can get with it. That's all anyone can ask, right?

1 comment: