Saturday, September 19, 2009

One of those weekends

I'm going to make this short because I'm very tired, and still recovering from an awful couple of days, so here is the Readers' Digest version of the last few days:

Thursday afternoon: Loki, a foster dog I am caring for, was neutered
Friday morning: Loki's sutures look terrible and I call the vet, make an appointment for Saturday.
Friday afternoon: The Big Fight. Jasper and Bandit got into a severe fight which resulted in both of them going to the emergency vet. More on that later.
Saturday morning: Loki goes to the vet. By now, 3 of my 4 dogs are downing antibiotic and painkiller cocktails morning and night. Also, none of the eggs in my incubator are hatching.
Saturday night: There are no chicks in the incubator. Instead, all I'm greeted with is a not-so-nice odor... not a good sign. (Although, having chicks hatch right now probably would have been horrible timing.)

A more thorough update to follow in the next couple of days...

No comments:

Post a Comment