Saturday, April 4, 2009

Hobbit birdhouse



One of the things I love the most about life here is the amazing variety of birds that visit the feeders in our front yard. When we moved in last fall, the original owners were kind enough to leave us the row of birdhouses along the front porch, the several hidden along the woods line, as well as two feeders that were in heavy use in the front yard. I received an additional birdhouse, affectionately known as Hobbit Birdhouse, from my mom as a gift.

There's just something I love about that little birdhouse. It looks so homely and so natural - like it just grew out of the roof, or like it had been there forever. It was looking splendid against the buds sprouting in the front yard, so I wanted to share it with everyone.

I can't wait until the day when birds move into that house - none yet, but maybe next spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment