Thursday, August 13, 2009

The first dozen



I'm so excited! My hens have now laid over a dozen eggs for me.

I forced myself to save up a full carton before I was "allowed" to start using them. It took about a week and a half to collect them, but the goal was finally reached! White eggs are likely courtesy of my White Leghorns, brown eggs may be from my Black Star or Barred Rock hens.

My breakfast this morning, of course, came from that little carton. Let's just say that the eggs were phenomenal! Even better than I was expecting. Full write-up (with photos!) to follow, as soon as I'm finished with the day's chores...

1 comment:

  1. I'm not much of an egg-eater but I'd love to try eggs that don't come from the supermarket. Something tells me they probably taste alot better.

    ReplyDelete