Thursday, June 25, 2009

Pre-mayhem

Well, I'm sitting here typing away again, after a truly crazy weekend and week.

Although the real mayhem didn't begin until later, I guess the best place to start would be Saturday afternoon. Byron and I headed north to my hometown to attend the annual community garage sales. We really got lucky, and brought home a treasure trove of great finds - among them, $4 fondue set, new in box; a $10 industrial livestock/barn cooling fan; a $10 antique metronome from the early 1900's. I just love garage sales! Many of my most treasured kitchen tools have come to me that way. I wouldn't be baking bread or drying my own vegetables and herbs if it wasn't for garage sales!

On Sunday morning, we undertook another little adventure. My husband and I have been really hoping to get a portion of the yard fenced in for the dogs soon - they really need the space for free-running, especially now that it's warm and all they want to do is lounge around in the kennel all day. They really need that extra motivation to keep them exercising. So, after realizing over the last several months that no pre-made fence was going to suit our needs, we decided to construct our own fence out of 16' x 4' cattle panel and wood post.

So, on Sunday morning, my husband, parents, and I rented a 17' Uhaul trailer, headed off to Tractor Supply Company, and picked up 50 4-foot cattle panels and 50 6' posts. It was pretty uneventful for such a big job, which was pretty surprising.

The rest of Father's Day was spent relaxing and visiting with my dad at his house. We had a wonderful visit and I really enjoyed spending time with everyone.

Sunday night was when things really went downhill, and there's enough there for a separate post...

No comments:

Post a Comment