Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The best kind of neighbor



On Sunday, while I was away studying wolves (true story - how do normal people spend their weekends?), Byron headed over to our next-door neighbor to give her some help on her computer. When I got back home from my little adventure, I found this huge, beautiful jar of sweet treasure sitting on my fireplace hearth. A gift given in thanks for some simple neighborly assistance.

It's the biggest jar of real, raw, locally-produced honey I have EVER seen. I don't think there is any way to communicate to my wonderful neighbor how much this gift is appreciated over here... except to blog about it and shout thanks to the Internet heavens. I did call her and thank her profusely but I'm not sure I made it clear what a completely wonderful gift this really is, considering:

-I use honey instead of sugar in almost everything I cook or bake - it's better for maintaining blood sugar levels without a spike, and healthier than refined white sugar
-I am a local food nut
-I am a raw food nut
-I have been wanting to try true local honey for years!

It's gone to sugar so it needs a little reheating to get back to liquid form, but I can't wait to crack this jar open. In fact, I think I might just have to go do that now...

No comments:

Post a Comment