Monday, March 23, 2009

Wheels and paws

I can't sleep. I'm sitting here absolutely lost in daydreams, because tomorrow morning, I get to pick up a very special set of items that I've been anxiously waiting over a month for:

One sled dog harness, with Willow's name sewn onto it.
One sled dog harness, with Bandit's name sewn onto it.
One 2-dog tugline and scooter attachment.

Yep, I'm stuck to my chair and unable to sleep because tomorrow morning, I will finally be entering the realm of the dog musher (on wheels, that is). For the past few months, I have been running Willow on a side rig attached to a mountain scooter. It's been awesome fun, and great exercise (for both of us, surprisingly), but I long to head out on trails with my two maniacs streaming out in front of me like the wind.

So, tomorrow will be the first day of their sled dog careers, with all the first-day-on-the-job training and certain frustration that accompanies such events. I'm excited, but not expecting miracles yet. It will definitely be a while before I'll feel safe hooking them up on the scooter for the first time.

Tomorrow I will post pics of their brand-new sled head gear. For now, here is Bandit, pictured in his much-less-snazzy walking harness and collar.

No comments:

Post a Comment