Sunday, March 22, 2009

Chamomile, day 2

Just two days from the previous photo, and look how big the chamomile sprouts have grown!



The broccoli, thyme, and oregano seeds have sprouted too, but I'm still waiting on the peppers and sage. Tonight, I'm starting another round of broccoli for a staggered harvest later this year.

Between the chicks and the sprouts, I'm amazed by the mad rush of life and growth that is happening all around me. The sprouts are doubling in size every day, and the 1-week-old chicks seem to wake up with new feathers every morning. It's as if everything on the farm is racing into spring, rushing to grow and take hold while the time is right. Times like this make me feel as though I am only a spectator, watching life's cycles rush below me in fast-motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment