Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Horses

I have to admit it: My heart aches for horses.



The sight of horses grazing in a rolling field of green takes my breath away. The soft whuuush of their breath on the palm of my hand, their whiskers brushing my fingers in greeting, tumbles into my soul like a comforting hug. My heart aches for them. Horses are one of those things in life that get into your blood - and stay there.

There is a reason why our homestead is called Hoof & Howl Farm. The "hoof" part hasn't come to fruition yet here - and may not for quite some time. Every now and then, I torment myself by browsing the Dreamhorse classifieds, knowing full well that right now is not the time for an equine family member.

But, in the meantime, I do get to enjoy my mother's absolutely stunning Quarter Horse, Wimpy's Master Jake.





Just having a horse "in the family" seems to help dull the ache for now, and for that I'm very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment