Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Learning to camp



Unfortunately, I received the sad news today that sledding is not allowed on the Hinckley Reservation trail system, which runs right out of my backyard. So, instead of sledding today, I took the time to set up a prototype winter camp, and work out the kinks before the dogs have to camp away from home.

The dogs were surprisingly calm on the picket, considering that they had never been restrained in this way before.









After awhile, Bandit wanted to find out if he could play with Willow while he was on the picket.







The dogs did better than I expected, and they stayed picketed for a few hours while I worked around the farm and hung out in the tent. I tried to make it as close as possible to a "real" camping trip, and I hope it will pay off in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment