Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Last Sunday, Byron and I traveled down to Columbus to visit a few places that we missed down there, and meet up with a friend. It was great to see the city again (and Heaven knows how much we miss the good eats!), but it made me appreciate the solitude and quiet of home that much more.

The highlight of the trip was a completely unexpected wildlife encounter, while sitting in an Arby's drive-thru (NOT the good eats I referenced earlier, just traveling food!). There was a huge raptor circling overhead, and at first I almost dismissed it as a buzzard - but a better look at the wing silhouette, and I found myself exclaiming, "Is that an eagle!?" I had my camera, so I snapped a few shots. To my complete amazement, when I zoomed in on my viewfinder, there was the characteristic white head and tail of a mature Bald Eagle!







I guess it just goes to show that even the most developed of places still keep their "wild side". This eagle was seen just north of Columbus, near Delaware. Certainly not something I ever expected to see while sitting at a drive-thru!

No comments:

Post a Comment