Monday, December 28, 2009

Huskies in their element



Today marked an absolutely monumental event: I took Loki and Bandit out for our very first sled run today! It was more fun than I ever could have imagined. The sled was harder to control than I thought it would be, but I got the hang of it fairly quickly, and didn't have any spills. Well, unless you count the time that my stepbrother jumped into the basket and tipped the sled off the side of a hill. The good dogs just held their ground and I hooked down while we hoisted the sled back up onto the trail.

I didn't take my helmet cam, because I was too concerned with just staying on, and learning how to steer the sled. Unfortunately, I also didn't have a free hand for photographs.

But afterwards, I managed to shoot some good pics of working with them on line-out, in harness and amidst all the beautiful snow! It has only just stopped snowing here now, and we have close to 8" of white powdery beauty.





No comments:

Post a Comment