Monday, July 27, 2009

Mint is taking root!

Finally, after 2 weeks of watching, waiting, and changing water, the mint plants are taking root! I'm going to give them another day in the canning jars, and then they'll be moved into an herb garden on the deck.

I'm extremely relieved, because sometime over the last week, the wild mint patch in the front yard just... disappeared. I'm not sure if it was accidentally mowed over, or if it was trampled or destroyed by the contractors hauling equipment this week, but either way, it's gone. The cuttings I'm nurturing on my windowsill are the last ones I'll see of this variety, likely until next summer. There's got to be a good lesson on oppurtunity in there somewhere...

(By the way, that "big dog-related update" will be thoroughly blogged shortly. Yes, blogged. The English language is so crazy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment