Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Not now, I'm practicing my Zen

I found this little guy sitting on the edge of my pond this morning, apparently meditating on the wonders of life and the grandness of my side yard.

(The truth of the matter is, I discovered a riot of frogs gathered in a nearby creek last night, making a cacophony of chirps and calls. I dipped in my net, came up with a few little frogs, and let them loose in my pond. So, in truth, he was probably meditating on how the heck he ended up on the other side of the woods.)



I crept up behind him slowly, as to not disturb his deep contemplation... at this point I was very surprised that he didn't hop back into the pond.



Amazingly, he didn't eve budge when I shoved the lens right into his face and captured this shot. I suppose he was too deeply lost in his little frog thoughts. He really was quite a beautiful little frog, with shimmering copper and glittery metallic green tones. After some research, I was able to identify him as a wood frog.

No comments:

Post a Comment